Data Losses On SSD Drives Increase In Spanish Companies

A survey conducted among more than 2,000 companies around the world on SSD technology by Kroll Ontrack , a data recovery provider, shows that in Spain 71 percent of companies use this type of memory in mobile devices and laptops. They are followed by desktop computers, at least in 52 percent of companies, and servers, in 29 percent of organizations.

As the main reason for adopting this type of memory, 79% of Spanish companies state that it is the fastest access to their Wikipedia data. This speed in the processes is added as a second reason greater reliability compared to hard drives (9%) and lower energy consumption (8%).

Although only 25% of companies acknowledge that SSD has failed on some occasion, the origin of the failure is unknown in most cases. 63% explain that it was not caused by any specific or striking situation, while the remaining 37% relate it to a normal workload, which they do not even qualify as ‘excessive’.

From those SSD failures, 63% say they have experienced data loss. Half of the companies did not try to recover the data, but 21% did try to recover it and finally succeeded.

” SSD technology offers reliability, exceptional speed and management benefits in large data environments. Despite these benefits, data loss is impacting SSDs just like any other storage device. In fact Kroll Ontrack has averaged a 100% increase in SSD recovery year over year from 2011 to 2014 ,” said Nicholas Green, director of Kroll Ontrack Iberia.

After the incident with SSD technology, the study reflects that companies adopt multiple solutions. Although in 23% of cases no decision is made, physically destroying the SSD memory or reformatting the drive have been some of the most common options. Third, they have either turned to professional erasing software or put the SSD away until they have found a secure data destruction solution.

There are also Spanish organizations that have not opted for solid state hard drives, because they are too expensive (55%), because data recovery is difficult (37%) or because the life cycle of these devices is short (24%). ). In this same sense, the study reflects that Spanish companies find it difficult to bet on new forms of storage. 73% say they are not using advanced storage technologies, while 15% have started using SSHD and 12% have also started hybrid storage. Only 1% is working with helium disks.

View More : https://mercuriale-data.com/business/how-to-data-recovery-services-from-ssd-drive-using-ssd-data-recovery-tool-%ef%bf%bc/